Homeschool options for high school under an online program, according to The American Academy, are now very popular because of its many unique benefits. From customized learning plans, appealing course options and specialty courses to lessons aided with pacing and note-taking techniques, any student will enjoy the program.
Homeschooling can also be through an online setup. Online classes can be taken via a virtual school, an umbrella school or through independent web-based homeschool programs. This type of online learning has a number of advantages.
Advantages of a Virtual or Umbrella School
Sending a child to a virtual or umbrella school is like sending them to a local school. The school manages all the important non-teaching work. In this setup:
1. A team of teachers, advisors, and counselors — all accredited — guide the parent or student in the planning process.
2. Assistance during regular school hours is accessible through instant messaging, email and phone.
3. All documentation such as attendance, testing and grading as well as the process of registering for courses, are done by the school.
Advantages of Independent Web-Based Homeschool Programs
Using software that does the grading of work, tracking attendance, and creating transcripts and report cards, a web-based homeschool program leaves most of the work to the parent. Here, you have the following:
1. More freedom and flexibility in students’ study calendar, selecting courses and registering courses
2. Automatic grading for every coursework completed as well as automatic report generators
3. An opportunity to save since there is almost no need for outside assistance
Homeschooling through an online high school is now easier with communication and internet technologies. If a parent opts for assistance from the school, they can opt for a virtual or umbrella school. For cost considerations, an independent web-based program is recommendable.